Goodwill Industries is a not-for-profit organization that helps people in the community who are in need. One of the ways that they do this is by accepting donations of clothing and other items. In this blog post, we will discuss what items Goodwill accepts and how you can donate them.
1. What items does Goodwill Southwest Florida accept for donation?
Goodwill in Southwest Florida accepts the following items for donation:
- Belts & Purses
- Antiques/Collectibles Artwork & Frames
- Audio/Visual Equipment
- Bicycles & Wheeled Toys
- Books & Media
- Camping Equipment (No Fuel Canisters)
- Clothing & Linens (not well-worn, or Wet or Mildewed)
- Computers (Desktops, Laptops, Monitors, Printers, Accessories)
- Crafts & Crafting Supplies
- Household Electronics
- Exercise Equipment (Small; No Treadmills)
- Furniture (Assembled & Gently-Used, Minimal Chips, No Large Stains, Rips or Tears)
- Gardening & Lawn Care Accessories
- Hand Tools & Small Power Tools
- Household Décor
- Housewares & Small Appliances
- Jewelry Lamps & Light Fixtures (No Fluorescent)
- Musical Instruments (No Pianos or Organs)
- Pet Supplies
- Shoes & Boots
- Sporting Goods & Equipment
- Televisions (Flat Screens)
- Toys Stuffed Animals Games
- * Large/Heavy Items May Not Be Accepted At All Donation Sites. (Due to Safety Concerns)
- other similar household items
2. What items does Goodwill Southwest Florida not accept for donation?
- Mattresses and Box Spring
- Bed Pillows
- Auto parts (including tires)
- Construction and Building materials
- Food and Beverages
- Baby cribs and Car seats
- Any recalled items (Please Check cpsc.gov)
- Large Area Rugs or Carpeting
- Entertainment Centers
- Disassembled furniture
- Lawn Mowers
- Major Appliances (Dishwashers, Stoves, Washers/Dryers, or Refrigerators-in some cases may be picked from a home pick-up if newer and in working condition)
- Sofa Beds
- Box springs
- Older tube TV’s
- Pool tables
- Window blinds and valences
- Hazardous or Dangerous Items such as;
- Ammunition & Firearms
- Fireworks & Explosives
- Gas & Gas Cans
- Bio-hazard Materials
- Flammable/Toxic Materials
- Household Chemicals
Click here to view the Goodwill store website directly
- Donate during store hours
- Wash or dry-clean clothing.
- Test electrical equipment and battery-operated items.
- Include all pieces and parts to children’s games and toys.
How To Donate Your Car to Goodwill
If you have a vehicle that you would like to donate to Goodwill, please call this number: (866) 492-2770. Call your local Goodwill car donation program to schedule a pick-up. Have your title and registration ready. Complete and sign the car donation form. Inform the driver of any special features or problems with your vehicle.That’s it! You’ve successfully donated your car to Goodwill.
Your donation is tax-deductible, and you will receive a receipt for your taxes.
Thank you for supporting Goodwill Southwest Florida! If you have any further questions about donating to Goodwill, please visit our website by clicking here.
Support goodwill’s mission, donate at your local donation center and receive a donation receipt/ tax receipt for all gently used items in good condition that Goodwill accepts!
Does Goodwill Industries pick up furniture?
The majority of Goodwill shops provide pick-up services for furniture or other large objects that are difficult to move, but you should call your local Goodwill to find out whether pick-up service is available in your area.
Does goodwill take mattresses Florida?
While Goodwill does not accept mattresses, there are several other donation centers that do. With all of the sanitary bedding laws in place, many donation centers have stopped accepting mattresses.
Does Goodwill take pillows Florida?
Due to stringent government regulations and environmental and safety considerations, Goodwill cannot accept the following items: Paint, cleaning supplies, or other hazardous materials. Mattresses, box springs, bed pillows, and water bed components.
Does Goodwill accept stuffed animals?
A toy donation will make a child somewhere very happy as well as helping single mothers, young parents, and families struggling to make ends meet. We Accept: Toys for babies through teens. Dolls, stuffed animals, sealed games and puzzles
Does Goodwill accept phones in Florida?
Goodwill Industries of Central Florida accepts cell phones, computers and laptops. We even take obsolete and nonworking items that would otherwise clog landfills. Just drop off your items at any of our Retail Stores or Donation Xpress Centers.
Does Goodwill accept exercise equipment?
As a general rule, beginning November 1, 2021, Goodwill will no longer accept donations of furniture or large exercise equipment. Those items will no longer be available for purchase, effective December 1, 2021.
Does Goodwill accept automobile parts?
Unfortunately, due to safety, legal or environmental concerns, Goodwill cannot accept Auto parts including the following: Tires, wheels, batteries, etc or any type of chemicals (oil, wiper fluid, etc.).
More Articles by Junk Removal Advice
Image via Pexels The decision to sell your home in Naples, FL, and move into assisted living is important and can help make your life and golden years easier. Consider many things consider when...
Image Credit: Unsplash The United States is at the center of the global waste crisis. The Environmental Protection Agency reports that the country produces up to 292.4 million tons of waste per...