Junk Removal Advice:
Removing a shower stall is not as daunting a task as it may seem. Shower tile, shower walls, shower floor, shower head, shower pan, shower drain, floor tile, wall tile… where do you start with this bathroom renovation, shower demolition project?
To demo a shower stall, you will need to remove the shower head, the faucet handle and the spout. You may also need to remove the screws that hold the shower in place. Once everything is removed, you can take the shower out and set it aside.
DIY Bathroom Demolition Planning
With the right tools and some careful planning, you can have the job done in no time. In this article, we will outline the steps necessary to remove an old shower stall and install a new one.
We will also provide tips on how to protect your floors and walls from any water damage that may occur during the demo process.
How to choose the right shower stall
When selecting a shower stall, there are a few factors you will need to consider. The first is the size of the stall. It is important to select a stall that is large enough to accommodate your needs. The next factor to consider is the type of installation.
Bathroom Shower Types
There are three types of installations: corner, alcove, and freestanding. Each has its own set of benefits and drawbacks that you will need to weigh before making your final decision.
The third factor to consider is the material of the stall. shower stalls are typically made from either acrylic or fiberglass.
Acrylic is a more affordable option but is not as durable as fiberglass. Fiberglass is more expensive but is more resistant to cracking and shattering.
Finally, you will need to decide on the style of the shower stall. There are many different styles to choose from, so take some time to browse through your options before making a final decision.
With so many factors to consider, selecting the perfect shower stall can seem like a daunting task. However, if you take your time and do your research, you will be sure to find the perfect stall for your home.
A brief overview of how to demo a shower stall:
To remove a shower stall, you will need to disconnect the water supply lines, drain the pipes, and remove the fixtures.
You will also need to remove the tile or other material surrounding the stall. Once the stall is removed, you can install the new one by following the manufacturer’s instructions.
Demolding a shower stall is a dirty and time-consuming process. You can have the work finished in no time with the proper tools and some thorough preparation.
In this article, we will outline the steps necessary to remove an old shower stall and install a new one.
Tools and materials needed:
- tape measure
- utility knife
- putty knife
- pry bar
- tile saw (if necessary)
- reciprocating saw (if necessary)
- wet vacuum (optional)
- drop cloths or plastic sheeting
- safety glasses
- new shower stall
Helpful Tips on Shower Remodel: Plumbing, Drain Pipe & Drain Opening
1. Disconnect the water supply lines and drain the pipes.
2. Remove the fixtures, such as the showerhead, faucets, and towel bars.
3. Remove the tile or other material surrounding the shower stall. You may need to use a hammer, screwdriver, utility knife, pry bar, or chisel to do this. If you are removing tile, you will also need a tile saw.
4. Remove the shower stall itself. Depending on the type of installation, you may need to remove screws, nails, or other fasteners.
5. Clean up any debris left behind from the demolition process. You may want to use a wet vacuum to make this task easier.
6. Cover your floors and walls with drop cloths or plastic sheeting to protect them from water damage during the installation process.
7. Install your new shower stall according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Be sure to caulk all joints and seams to prevent leaks.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you can easily remove an old shower stall and install a new one.
How to Install a New Shower Stall
Installing a new shower stall might be stressful, but with the appropriate equipment and some careful preparation, it may be completed in no time. We’ll go through the procedures for installing a fresh shower enclosure in this post.
1. Measure the area where you will be installing the shower stall. Be sure to take into account any existing fixtures, such as toilets, sinks, or bathtubs.
2. Mark the location of the shower stall on the floor with a pencil or chalk. Use a level to make sure the marks are level.
3. Drill holes in the floor at the marked locations. These holes will be used to secure the shower stall to the floor.
4. Install the shower stall according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Be sure to caulk all joints and seams to prevent leaks.
5. Attach any fixtures, such as showerheads, faucets, and towel bars.
That’s it! By following these simple steps, you can easily install a new shower stall.
Tips to avoid water damage during the demo process
When demoing a shower stall, it is important to take precautions to avoid water damage. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Disconnect the water supply lines and drain the pipes before beginning the demo process.
- Remove any fixtures, such as showerheads, faucets, and towel bars, before removing the shower stall itself.
- Cover your floors and walls with drop cloths or plastic sheeting to protect them from water damage during the process.
- Caulking all joints and seams to prevent leaks.
Shower stalls can be a great way to update the look of your bathroom, but choosing the right one can be tricky. In this article, we have provided tips on how to choose the right shower stall and how to demo a shower stall.
We also provide instructions on how to install a new shower stall. By following these simple steps, you can easily update the look of your bathroom with a new shower stall.
If you’re looking for an easy way to update the look of your bathroom, then Junk Hauling Express is the perfect place to start.
When you hire our staff, with our experience in bathroom demo and bathroom renovation projects, you can expect to have a group of specialists that are well-equipped to carry out the work safely.
Our team of experts can help you with every step of the process, from demoing your old shower stall to installing your new one. So, what are you waiting for? Contact us today, 239-356-8046, and let us help you transform your bathroom into the space you’ve always wanted.
To find out how to get rid of an old dryer, click here.
8 Tips to Hire the Best Demolition Contractor, click here.
Junk Hauling Express
To learn more about our services, coverage area and pricing, visit our sister site by clicking here.
Recently, we were featured in Issue Wire. Check it out! The 109 Junk Removal Frequently Asked Questions Answers All Queries “109 Junk Removal Frequently Asked Questions” is the very first...
If you want to see the best junk removal questions in one place, then you’ll LOVE this ultimate junk removal FAQ guide. I personally collected and sorted through 153 of the most frequently asked...